WHAT IS TAITRA?
Founded in 1970 to stimulate foreign trade, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) is the foremost non-profit trade promotion organization in the Republic of China (R.O.C. on Taiwan). TAITRA is jointly sponsored by government, commerce and industry to assist Taiwan’s businesses and manufacturers strengthen their international competitiveness and meet the challenges they face in foreign markets. In addition, TAITRA undertakes initiatives to help foreign businesses establish a wider presence in Taiwan itself.
Since its establishment, TAITRA has developed a well-coordinated trade promotion and information network. It has a staff of over 600 trained specialists stationed at its headquarters in Taipei, in four local branch offices in Hsinchu, Taichung, Tainan, and Kaohsiung, and in over 60 overseas branch offices worldwide. In association with its sister organizations, the Taiwan Trade Center, Inc (TTC) and the Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC), TAITRA constantly adapts its trade promotion strategies to changing international conditions. Its major functions include: Market Development, Strategic Marketing, Trade Information Services, Exhibitions, Convention Services, Trade Education and Taiwantrade, an e-Trading Hub service.
- Organizes trade missions and participates in major overseas trade shows
- Analyzes regional competitiveness and bilateral trade issues
- Provides trade inquiry services and responds to and assists with global trade inquiries ‧Organizes trade meetings and seminars and Establishes Taiwan Trade Service (TTS) stations at major international trade shows
- International Sourcing Services (ISC) project
- International Market Development (IMD) project
- International Brand Alliance (IBA) project
- Taiwan Machinery Distribution Channel Promotion (TMP) project
- Provisional Overseas Branch (POB) project
- Region / Industry Elite Program
- Outbound Investment Plan（OIP）
- Assisting Companies with Mergers and Acquisitions of International Brands and Sales Channels Project（MAP）